DIY Make your own envelope!

11 April 2012

Hello there!  I've been wanting to make this diy from the first envelope I made, some weeks before, but I didn't have the time..!  As you can see, I did the whole job on the floor of my room, in front of the window because the light was very dim! BelowI have everyhting you will need. Don't choose a thin paper because  I don't think it will make it through the mailing process..! I got mine for 0.80€ per piece of paper! As for the envelope you're going to use as a pattern, I browsed through my old collection of letter sets and chose one I found best. In some photos the lines of the shape don't show clearly, but if you view the full size image I'm sure it'll be clearer!!

I've made 3 or 4 of these envelopes and they look perfect! I'm sure both the recipients of my letters were really excited with them! :)
* If you have trouble thinking how to close/seal the envelope, here's what I did: I folded the top side inside of the envelope and to be sure, I sealed it with a label sticker (like the one above) where I wrote my address! Hope you like it!!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh I loved this! The paper is so pretty, I wish I could find map papers like this, they look so good. And I am definitely doing this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, what gorgeous paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. geia sou more christinara! to eixa kanei k ego auto pali me selida asterix nomizo! super idea! etoima ta grammata?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love diy projects and making my own envelopes for snail mail! Thanks for sharing this project with all of us! :) Ohh...I also love the photos! You're a pro when it comes to photography! Do you perhaps happen to have an Instagram? :) And may I ask how do you put arrows on your photos along with the font? Do you use PhotoShop?

    http://once-upon-a-letter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words Yasmeen!! I believe am not close to being a pro in photography, but it's flattering to hear you saying so! :) Yes, I use Photoshop, these arrows are photoshop brushes! I don't have an instagram because I don't have an iPhone/iPod..! ;)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos and I love the tutorial. I know my nieces would LOVE to get a letter like that!

    Lovely blog - please pop over to mine sometime soon too!

    Love
    amy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely stunning tutorial. Thank you for sharing. Where did you get your beautiful map paper? I want some. I WANT SOME. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely love this! can't wait to try!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfection! I don't know why I hadn't thought of this first :) I've been looking for ideas to write to some friends, and I think I found the ticket lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. kala fovero!!!! xetrelathika me to sxedio tou xartiou pou dialexes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the tutorial..it's easy to make...i want to try it out for Gift Card envelopes...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice idea for grandparents letters would be to photocopy or scan some of the little ones' artwork for this

    ReplyDelete